FENDER AMERICAN PERFORMER JAZZ BASS, MN PENNY
Crafted in Corona, California, the American Jazz Bass delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender along with new enhancements that make it even more inspiring to play.
- Alder body
- Two Yosemite single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Greasebucket tone system
- “Modern C”-shaped neck with 9.5”-radius fingerboard; 20 medium-jumbo frets
- Tapered-shaft tuning machines; silver ‘70s logo
New Yosemite Pickups
Handcrafted in Corona, California, Yosemite pickups are specifically voiced for each instrument and position to create sonically versatile and musically useful sounds.
Tapered-Shaft Tuning Machines
Featuring vintage-style paddle keys, tapered tuning machines are wider at the top than the bottom, forcing the string windings downward and keeping them tight for increased sustain and enhancing tuning stability.
Medium-jumbo frets make it easier to achieve wide, expressive bends that add your personal touch to your music.
This model features a four-saddle bridge for solid tuning stability, precise intonation and increased sustain.
Featuring a “Modern C”-shaped profile that works well with almost any playing style, the neck also hosts a satin finish on the back, giving it a smooth, fast playing feel.
Greasebucket Tone System
This uniquely Fender tone system lets you cut treble without losing gain or “muddying” your sound, preserving your carefully shaped tone.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern “C”
- Scale Length: 34″ (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5″ (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16″ Hex Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: Yosemite™ Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Yosemite™ Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass)
- Switching: None
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style with Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® “F” Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Legal Notice: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag