FENDER AMERICAN PERFORMER MUSTANG BASS , RW SATIN SEAFOM GREEN
Body and Neck
The American Performer is built using a lightweight Alder body and sturdy Maple neck, cut in a streamlined ‘C’ shape. Players after modern playability combined with classic looks will feel at home on the Performer Mustang.
Its 9.5” radius Rosewood fretboard is a standard Fender appointment. Anyone with experience of playing a similar American-made bass or guitar will recognise the gentle curvature, in contrast to the retro style.
The 30” scale length allows for extremely expressive fretting and makes technical playing a bit less of a stretch. Finished with 19 Jumbo frets that make for an effortless playing experience.
The Performer Jazz comes into its own thanks to the unique, crisp-sounding Yosemite pickups.
Flat, staggered pole pieces increase the output of the Yosemites, while the shellac potting lets the coils breathe and keeps feedback under control. An exceptionally inspiring instrument. The middle position split-coil pickup has been replicated from the original ‘70s drawing. These produce a highly dynamic range of tones suitable for an array of musical genres.
Under the hood you’ll find Fender’s Greasebucket tone circuitry. This lets you shape your highs without adding bass using the third knob.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane, Satin Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 19, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.625” (41.3 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender “F” Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 30” (762 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Performer Mustang Bass
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickups: Yosemite Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge), Yosemite Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass (Middle)
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 5250XL Short-Scale NPS, (.040-.095 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag