FENDER LTD ED 70th ANNIVERSARY ESQUIER, MN LAKE PLACID BLUE
Premium-Grade Single Cut Away Guitar
Originally introduced to the world in 1950, the Fender Esquire paved the way for countless solid-body electric guitars in the ensuing years.
With the Fender 70th Anniversary Esquire, seen here in a classic Lake Placid Blue finish, you get a fitting tribute to those original Esquires, crafted with premium-grade components.
Fender 70th Anniversary Esquire, Lake Placid Blue Highlights
- Premium-grade recreation of Fender’s first solid-bodied electric guitar
- Inspired by an original ’50 Esquire from Songbirds Museum in Cattanooga, TN
- Lightweight roasted pine body with a single cutaway design, and a classic Lake Placid Blue finish
- Thick “U”-shaped Maple neck, with a maple fingerboard
- Tim Shaw-designed Esquire single coil bridge pickup, with controls for Tone and Volume
- Adjustable 3-saddle bridge
- Special anniversary neck plate
- Includes vitage-style tweed hardshell case
- Limited availability
As you can tell from a single glance, the single cutaway body of the Esquire was the foundation of what went on to become the Broadcaster/Nocaster, and eventually the Telecaster.
The body is carved from roasted pine – a tonewood renowned for delivering a punchy and complex tone, with the roasting treatment improving the guitar’s natural resonance.
This elegant design is coupled with a thick “U”-shaped maple neck, and a maple fingerboard which features a vintage-style 7.25″ radius.
Not to mention that single pickup configuration…
Single Pickup Design
With the original Esquire the pickup was actually re-purposed from a lap-steel guitar to bring out those bright, twangy tones that quickly became synonymous with Fender.
For this 70th Anniversary model, legendary Fender pickup designer Tim Shaw has recreated this excellent bridge-position pickup.
In addition to this, the guitar has been given master Volume and Tone controls, along with a 3-way switch that offers the following options:
- Position 1 – Tone control off
- Position 2 – Tone control on
- Position 3 – Tone control off, pre-set treble roll-off
As stated above, this excellent guitar is available for a limited time only – in other words, we recommend you place your order sooner rather later, to avoid missing out.
Contact our Online Sales team directly if you’d like to query the availability of this instrument.
Fender 70th Anniversary Esquire, Lake Placid Blue Specs
- Model Name: 70th Anniversary Esquire, Maple Fingerboard, Lake Placid Blue
- Model #: 0170532802
- Series: Limited Edition
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Lake Placid Blue
- Body: Roasted Pine
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: ’50 Broadcaster “U”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25″ (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw Designed Esquire Bridge Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge (Tone control off), Position 2. Bridge (Tone control on), Position 3. Bridge (Tone control off, preset treble roll-off)
- Pickup Configuration: S
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Solid Barrel Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Strings: Fender