AUDIO TECHNICA AT8015 LINE + GRADIENT CONDENSER MICROPHONE
Very accurate sound capture, even in noisy environments
Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition, the AT8015 provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup, along with excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic. The roll-off position reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations.
Generally, the tube interference of this type of microphone can be extended to reduce the acceptance angle and thus increase the sound capture distance. Shorter condenser microphones do not have as long-a range as long as the shotgun models, but are favoured for their greater acceptance angle in some cases, when the accuracy of the source is less important.
- Long 460mm shotgun microphone, designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Captures sound with high intelligibility in noisy environments due to excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Operates on battery or phantom power for increased versatility
- Switchable 80Hz low frequency rolloff, with a slope of 18dB / octave to reduce pickup of low-frequency ambient noise
- Effective protection against interference related to nearby mobile phones and other unwanted radio frequency
- Comes with a windscreen, a 1.5V AA battery, a stand clamp and a carry case
The low-cut position reduces the sensitivity to ambient low frequency noise such as traffic noise, ventilation, reverberation of the room or mechanical vibrations transmitted through the recording device.
“two types of power supply ”
The AT8015 shotgun microphone can be powered in two ways for reaching maximum versatility. You can use it on a professional camera or recorder equipped with XLR inputs with phantom power, or by using a 1.5V AA battery (included) on any device equipped with XLR inputs.
Its very narrow directivity provides the narrow acceptance angle needed for long-distance sound pickup while maintaining excellent rejection of off-axis noise. The AT8015 guarantees you very specific audio capture with high intelligibility.