OVERDRIVE / FUZZ / DISTORTION
When we got the opportunity to work with Stu G (legendary guitarist, writer, producer, and founding member of UK band Delirious) we couldn’t pass it up. Right out of the gate Stu G wanted a dirt box that could essentially cover any-and-all ground he needed for his studio work and extensive touring gigs. From that request the Kilt was born, and the V2 has been honed into a compact and versatile tone-machine.
EXPANDORA AT HEART
The Kilt V2 has the same fantastic circuit at the heart of the version one: a heavily tweaked Expandora style dirt box that gives you more tonal options than you might ever be able to use. We use a specifically chosen op-amplifier that offers super low noise, improved slew rate for a smoother structure, and a character that feels even better than the original Expandora. Three toggles enhance the tweakability even further. The cut/flat toggle gives you the option to cut the low end frequencies to better sit in the mix. When in the “flat” position, the bass response is much beefier than the original Expandora for those heavy guitar riffs or bass grit. The G1 and G2 toggles let you select various forms of distortion via select resistance values that switch in and out in the clipping section of the circuit. This method is very different from typical diode clipping selectors used in drive pedals. This gives you multiple configurations and tonal options, helping the Kilt V2 cover light transparent drive all the way to a wall of fat fuzz/distortion– and everything in between.
TOGGLES FOR DAYS
– When both toggles are down, you are in the lightest gain setting. Amp-like chimey breakup
– G1 flipped up adds a touch of drive for more riffy grit
– G2 flipped up puts you dangerously close to distortion, with more saturation and sustain for lead tones
– Both toggles flipped up sends the Kilt V2 into almost uncontrollable gated fuzz/distortion that will cut through anything
JHS the Kilt V2 Overdrive Pedal Features:
- Overdrive pedal with 2 gain switches
- Developed in cooperation with Christian guitarist Stu G (Delirious?)
- Cut/Flat toggle lets you detail your rig’s bass response
- True-bypass switching preserves your tone when the effect is disabled
- Remote now allows you to control the pedal hands-free (remote sold separately)
- Requires 9-volt power supply (not included)